Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Shit Happening To My Pregnant Ass This Week: Week 28

[Contents: medical, TMI]

Okay Week 28 plus two days.

OKAY BUT I'M SICK, OKAY?

The Man totally gave me some bullshitfuckerycold. This is the kind of cold where the only way I am sure it's not the goddamn murderingfuckflu is that I don't have a fever. My head has decided there's a worldwide snot shortage, and WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

No. No we are not body; knock that shit off.

Plus a sore throat, occasional sneezing, occasional coughing, plus super-dry fuckwinter weather... means mostly this week I have been whining and sleeping.

This is a problem because I need to pick up BOTH prescription meds I take this week - my thyroid meds, and the progesterone. I was SUCH AN ADULT and called in the refills last Saturday. And then... yeah.

When The Man got home from work tonight, he kindly went with me to Pharmacy 1 for my thyroid meds, because I took my last dose of them this morning WOOO. Today is the first day since Tuesday I've been up to even showering, so I am exhausted, BUT I have thyroid meds. Tomorrow we go to Pharmacy 2 to pick up the progesterone. I am excited about the progesterone because I found a coupon for it for $50 off, and since my co-pay is only $35 for it, I'm thinking FREE, FUCK YES.

By the way, if you are taking a name-brand medication? See if the manufacturer has coupons for it. Both of my prescriptions right now are name-brands, no substitutes available or allowed. Both have coupons. Sadly the thyroid med coupon is only for $10 off, so it still costs me $40 a month, but ten bucks is ten bucks, you know?

Also bought at Pharmacy 1 were some Pampers for 16 cents per diaper because that is CHEAP for those, awwww YEAH. That's my life. I have subscribed to a blog that gives daily updates on baby- and kid-related deals, and has weekly posts on the best deals for diapers and wipes, online and off, cloth and disposable. I signed up for goddamn Amazon Mom, which let's not even talk about the hate I have for that program name, but uh 20% off all of my subscribe and save orders? SOUNDS GREAT. Let's also not talk about the significant issues I have with their entire company... but on the other hand, when there are days you can't walk, there's a lot to be said for having shit like toilet paper just MAGICALLY SHOW UP ON YOUR DOORSTEP with only a one-time investment of spoons.

Meanwhile I have my next pre-natal appointment on Monday, and that starts the "appointments every two weeks" phase of the game. The Kid is going to be making an appearance within the next three months. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT.

The Kid has also grown to the point where the kicks aren't so much kicks as distinct thumps, and I'm now being kicked up by where my stomach is. Like seriously, an inch or two below my boobs. Kicks. When I'm sitting and my boobs are resting on my belly, sometimes The Kid KICKS MY BOOBS. AND MAKES THEM MOVE.

I definitely went through a phase over the past couple of weeks where I felt as if I could not shove enough dairy in to my face. I seem to be back to RASPBERRY-FLAVORED THINGS ARE THE BEST, MAYBE SOME ORANGES TOO. I really want to make orange-cranberry bread, because it sounds so fucking good to me right now, but since I have bullshitfuckerycold, that's a little too much. My big plans for tomorrow are doing the dishes. Exciting.

Also this week I bought a dresser for The Kid. It was delivered Wednesday morning, thankfully while The Man was still home so I didn't have to get out of bed and deal with it. Less than ten minutes after the doorbell rang, there was a big honking brand-new dresser exactly where I wanted it in my house. Professional delivery, how I love thee. I also cleaned my washing machine last week (yes! apparently you have to clean them once in a while! Let's not talk about how disgusting my fabric softener dispenser was!) so now I feel a-ok about washing some of the baby clothes and blankets I've been given and then OMG putting them AWAY in The Kid's DRESSER.

I have also noticed that WELP more new stretch marks have shown up. I keep seeing all of these pins on Pinterest and articles and shit about how to avoid stretch marks, how to make them less noticeable, blah blah blah, and the tone of all of them is that stretch marks are OMG SO TERRIBLE THE WORST.

Look. I had plenty of goddamn stretch marks all the fuck over my belly, hips, boobs, and butt long before I got pregnant. Now I have more. O NOES. New this week are some more little ones on my lower belly; previously there were only new ones on my upper belly, above my belly button, and on my boobs. I'm actually kind of excited about them because BELLY IS GROWING, THAT MEANS BABY IS GROWING, MWAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Speaking of, HERE IS MAH BELLY. Oh my fucking god, I look so fucking pregnant. (Not visible in photo: the giant dark circles under my eyes, the snot leaking out of my nose, the aching hips, the pants that no longer fit, the "and here I thought while I was pregnant I wouldn't need pads", the limb to the ribs The Kid treated me to. Visible in photo: hey, that shirt is getting a little short on me now, I should probably clean that mirror, the "I'm so fucking tired" look on my face).

No comments:

Post a Comment