Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Shit Happening To My Pregnant Ass: Week 30

[Contents: medical, weight discussion/fat bias, TMI]

Uhhhhh y'all I am so not ready to have a baby.

I mean, with any luck, it's going to be a solid 10 weeks before I do but uhhhh that's like two and a half months? Aaaaand that is not much time.

Also oh my fucking gods I am so fucking tired. SO FUCKING TIRED. I'm at the point where I am waking up every 2-4 hours at night, either because I have to pee, my hip hurts, or both. So while I am sleeping, it's broken sleep. Which I mean hey, good practice for when The Kid arrives but OH MY GOD JUST LET ME SLEEP FOR REAL.

Then some days I feel really pretty good, and energetic and shit! And I want to do all the things! And I have to keep reminding myself NO, DO NOT DO ALL THE THINGS, THAT ONLY LEADS TO SORROW AND PAIN, STOP. So I'm not getting things done as quickly as I'd like, and my hormones are like YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR HOUSE CLEAN AND EVERYTHING READY IN TIME YOU ARE DOOOOOMED and the rest of my brain is like, uh, the house is pretty clean, yo, like, you're fine. Baby clothes are small that's only going to be like one load of laundry, chill. DOOOOOOOMED.

Not doomed. I mean, hey, I cleaned up my half of the bedroom the other night and it took like an hour, because I kept sitting back down and taking breaks. So now the bassinet can get set up in a couple weeks. And after my prenatal appointment today, I was all adulty and shit and ran errands, including buying a giant thing of motherfuckin' Mod Podge, so all those shoeboxes I'm no longer using can get some of my cute fabric from my giant honking fabric stash applied and BE TRANSFORMED in to drawer organizers mwahahahahah. And I also bought some cute baby clothes because LOOK THEY WERE ON CLEARANCE AND THEY WERE ADORABLE AND SUPER CHEAP AND OMG. One of them might turn out to be the "YAY HERE IS YOUR FIRST REAL CLOTHES" outfit for leaving the hospital. We'll see.

The prenatal appointment went really well. The midwives are sooooo happy with my weight... which, I lost another pound, so uh hey! Great. I'm not trying, I wish I weren't losing weight, and I know full well that if I were gaining the pound a week that all of the pregnancy books and shit say that I should be at this point, they'd probably be counseling me ohhhh, be careful you don't gain too much. Especially since my uterus is still measuring a little over a week ahead of typical for this point. But I also know from previous ultrasounds that The Kid is likely going to be taaallllll. You know, that and plus genetics and shit. So whatever. Kid is still extremely active, we have reached the "alien chestburster" phase, heartbeat was right where it should be still and everything is fine. So I'm not worried, but again, I know, I KNOW, that if I were gaining like many people do, they'd be on me about my weight.  Bleah.

My hips are definitely complaining after all of the in and out of the car and walking around I did today. So definitely doing PT exercises tonight. And tomorrow Fuckwinter is supposed to be back in force, so my plan is to sleep as much as I can, go upstairs and do some sewing, come down to eat and pee, then go back upstairs. I'm making a dress for a friend of mine that needs to be done by the end of the month. I also maaaaay have bought some fabric to make a baby quilt or something along those lines MAYBE. (Okay definitely... hey I had a coupon.)

I'm still not getting a ton of Braxton-Hicks; it's still only after I have WAY overdone shit, or if I get pretty dehydrated. But oh my fuck god, I have to drink all the water. ALL THE WATER. GIVE IT TO ME. NO, MORE. YES. WATER. Ugh. Some days, or if I move the wrong way, I also get ligament or muscle pain. I figure that's what it is because while it is sharply painful, it's super-localized, transient, and goes away if I stop doing whatever move started it. I've also occasionally bent down to get something and I swear to Maude SORRY KID FOR CATCHING ONE OF YOUR LIMBS IN THE FOLD. It's freaky-feeling.

Things I was told would happen in the third trimester were "right so food aversions and nausea, welcome those back" and YUP. I've been having raspberry frosted Pop Tarts for breakfast with a glass of milk for like a WEEK. Yesterday, I made them, and took a few bites, and was pretty sure I was totally going to puke. GREAT. THANKS BODY. Pork still doesn't sound great, and neither does cooked broccoli (but only COOKED broccoli; raw sounds fine). Guacamole and queso are the best things in the world and if you disagree we will fight.

I was also told OH HA HA YEAH YOUR ANKLES AND FINGERS WILL SWELL and nope. My rings are still super loose, and even after a long day like today my ankles aren't swelling.  I'm not complaining; sudden or extreme swelling can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, and you do NOT want to fuck around with that shit. But it's perpetually interesting to me to compare what I'm told should happen and when, with what IS happening and when.

I also got all the paperwork for the hospital - shit like consent forms, registration forms, the form for the birth certificate, the form for the birth plan, all that. Oh my maude, that shit is a shitshow. Why is is so difficult for institutions to make functional, easy-to-use-and-understand forms? WHYYY. So I definitely made a pain in the ass of myself at my appointment today with "so by the way this is a hot mess and here's why, also your instruction sheet is no better thanks" hahah WELP. I am definitely that patient. But seriously... if you're going to say that I can refuse to, say, allow you to use any tissue or body parts of mine you remove during birth for research purposes, it behooves you to give me a space to clearly mark whether I consent or not. Like, come the fuck on.

But basically at this point it's EAT ENOUGH FOODS, DAMMIT and DRINK ALL THE WATER and TAKE IT EASY OH MY GOD YOUR HIPS CANNOT HANDLE SHIT... and trying to go full-term. WOOOOOOOOO.


No comments:

Post a Comment