Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Things Happening To My Pregnant Ass This Week: Week 20

[contents: TMI]

HOW  IT ALREADY WEEK 20 HOW AM I HALFWAY THROUGH THIS ALREADY OH MY GODS

The Kid has discovered that kicking my bladder and cervix while I am laying in bed at night is possibly the BEST ENTERTAINMENT EVER. For The Kid, anyway. I am far less entertained. Because it means I have to get up every twenty freaking minutes to go pee. Awesome.

The Kid kicks and moves pretty frequently, actually.

My belly is way less squishy, just sort of all around. I have, for lack of a better term, a divided belly. There's a deep crease right at my waist, that sort of separates the belly fat into the upper and lower portions. The lower portion has been significantly less squishy for a while now, but suddenly this week the upper portion is less squishy. The fundus of my uterus is just barely above my belly button, so it's not that my uterus is under there. I think it's just that everything is starting to get noticeably compacted now as my uterus grows, so there's less room to squish things. It's weird.

Also super weird is yesterday both The Man and I noticed that my skin is... splotchy. Kind of all over. I'm usually super pale, and while the circles under my eyes got ridiculously dark pretty early on, the rest of me stayed pretty pale and even-toned. And now I have splotchy, slightly darker patches all over my skin. The Man noticed it on my hip. I noticed it on my boobs. It's tough to see in a picture, because the splotches aren't that much darker. But in person, if you look close enough, they're there. Hooray pregnancy hormones!

I also walk differently. I walk... heavier, is how I'd put it. More flat-footed, more stompy. I'm usually pretty light on my feet, just naturally and from dancing for so long. I mean, you'd hear the creaks of the floor as I walked down the hall, but not my individual foot falls. Now, you can definitely hear my feet hitting the floor. My weight is just in a different place, and my pelvis has definitely changed shape, and it's weird. I also have to be careful how long I'm on my feet. It's more difficult to keep the very good posture my back needs, and if I'm up too long, I get tired and slouch more and then my leg starts going numb. I'd be worried about it, except a, it's happened before, and b, it immediately stops if I sit or lay down.

My skin is also RIDICULOUSLY DRY. Oh my fucking god. The weekend before Thanksgiving it was very cold, and extremely dry, and suddenly I had patches of scaly skin in the vees between all of my fingers. I thought I'd spilled something while cooking and hadn't noticed it, and it had dried, but NOPE THAT'S MY SKIN. I had my OB take a look at it last week, and she concurs - it's just dry. Which I figured, since it's scaly, not itchy, not very red, not raised, etc. and so on. It's also responding well to copious amounts of lotion and body butter. It hasn't gone completely away, and I've kind of given up that it will, but it can be lessened. The matching scaly patch on my nose - just one side of my nose, mind you - has gone away. And then I saw flaky skin on my damn nipples the other day. *sigh* So basically I would like to bathe in a vat of moisturizer, please.

Finally, speaking of my boobs, they're heavy. I mean, I wear - well, wore - a 40I before I got pregnant anyway, so it's not like they weren't heavy beforehand. And they did grow a bit in the first few weeks. But all of a sudden they just feel heavy and more solid, in a way they didn't before.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to experience a lot more seemingly random changes. It's like parts of your body get replaced by parts of someone else's body. After I had Niko, about six months later, huge chunks of hair fell out (WHICH. IS. NORMAL.) and I got a short haircut because I had hair down to my hips and when big wads of hair that long fall out, it's... gross. Anyway. The hair that grew back was curly. HELLO. WHAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PREGNANCY IS SO WEIRD.

    I forgot to write about it, because it started weeks ago, but my hair is FREAKING. OUT. It can't decide if it's curly anymore. It can't decide if it's dry or greasy anymore. It's just a mess. I don't even know.

    ReplyDelete