Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Shit Happening to My Pregnant Ass: Week 36

[Contents: TMI, medical]

JEEZY MUFFIN CREEZY I AM THIRTY-MOTHERFUCKING-SIX WEEKS PREGNANT WHAAAAAAAAAAAT.

I looked at The Man yesterday and said "You know, there is a small but non-zero chance that we will have a baby in a week."

This is because next Wednesday, at 37 weeks, the cerclage gets taken out. And once that's out... I could immediately start dilating and we could proceed directly to the hospital. Or I could just chill out for three or more weeks and deliver after my due date. There's no real way to know for sure.

But... a small, yet non-zero chance that this time next week I will have a baby.

SO THAT'S A FUN REALIZATION.

This week I stopped the progesterone supplements I was on, so that also makes it a small but non-zero chance I will have a baby soon.

So, things I am anxious about still include things like OH SHIT I HAVE TO WASH BABY CLOTHES AFTER THE SHOWER THIS WEEKEND and BUT WHAT WILL THE BABY WEAR HOME (which, I talked to my mother about today, and she found it hilarious - which I do too - and she also said "yeah I took one outfit to the hospital and set aside a couple things at home so that if I had to send your father to get something, it was clear what to grab."), and now OH SHIT I WILL HAVE A BABY MY LIFE IS GOING TO CHANGE DRASTICALLY AND VERY SOON.

Still highly sanguine about the entire PROCESS of birthing a baby, and the whole "taking care of a baby" thing. But the "wait a minute they're going to let US? BE PARENTS. WHAAAAAAT." has kicked in.

Meanwhile speaking of The Kid, had one of my NOW WEEKLY appointments with the midwives. Still measuring ahead in terms of fundal height, surprising NOBODY. Heartbeat sounded good too. All indications are the The Kid is doing well.

Honestly, I'm doing pretty well too. This is probably the best I have felt during this pregnancy. I mean, I get tired - I'm tired today - but it's after I do stuff, and then I sleep and I feel better and have energy again. My mood seems to be pretty stable, and my hips and pelvis still hurt, but not as bad. And I tend to have more energy per day than I have through most of the pregnancy. So I'm not complaining; it's coming in handy in terms of nesting and shit, but yeah. This is probably the best I have felt during this pregnancy.

I am however looking forward to hopefully not having weird-ass food aversions soon, and hopefully being able to wear all of my usual, heeled shoes again soon. PLEASE PLEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment